Do you feel like the passion has dimmed in your relationship? Here are some steps on how to spice up your sex life fast and furiously.
Remember when “date night” was just dinner? Maybe there was candlelight, flowers and restaurant reservations too. But if you have little ones tugging at you all the time, pets, a home to maintain and a full-time job that sucks the energy from you, you may need a little direction. The good news is finding time for a little romance into your daily routine (and remember, the small stuff adds up) is possible. The key is to be creative and pay attention to the details.
1. Sexting. It’s the age of change, and yes, men love it when you talk naughty. Don’t go all X-Rated on your phone, but remind him about a memorable time you had sex – ‘I can’t stop thinking about that time on the beach* in Mexico*’ ought to do the trick. Or, “I love how you …” “I love how we …” “Know what I’m craving right now … YOU!”
2. Inviting Bed. For clean /soft sheets use baby powder between the sheets, fluff the pillow, and slightly fold down the covers.
3. Memorable Photos. Have a grouping of some great pictures of you both are awesome visuals to spark memories and want to reenact. Make sure there ones showing you hugging, kissing, and having a wonderful time together.
4. Candlelight. Soft, golden, flickering candlelight… Awwww Nice.
5. Soft Music. Nothing puts a person in the mood more than bedroom music. You know what works for the two of you. Having it playing for when he walks in the door to create the mood and set the stage is like flicking a switch and builds expectation.
6. Diversion. Nothing that can catch his eye more than you. If he’s watching t.v. and you want attention … divert his gaze … you stepping wet from the shower, you undressing, you slipping into a sexy teddy or lingerie, you slowly lathering moisturizer over your skin, you dancing sexy to a song on the radio.
7. Leave Him A Reminder. If your sex life is becoming predictable, try spritzing his pillow with the scent of you he loves most. Smell is proven to be the biggest evocation of memory of all our senses, a little reminder of what she has to look forward to will keep things fresh.
8. Me Time. Pick in a night in your calender and make sure you both keep it free, maybe turn it into an entire date night – book a restaurant or have a car collect you both.
9. Create a Danger Mode. Adrenaline is one of the biggest aphrodisiacs there is. Bungy-jumping, rock-climbing, or even just sex in a public place where you might get caught is enough to bid farewell to every couples dry spell. If that’s a little too dangerous for you … a long, hot sexy kiss before you exit the exit the car or elevator will leave him wanting more just as much.
10. Quickies Matter. Don’t underestimate the impact an element of surprise plays on a man’s mind. 50 Shades of Grey was popular for a reason, because it’s an element on every woman and man’s mind. Let’s be honest. Grab him the moment he walks through the door after work, or better yet, when he just stepped out of the shower. Whoo! He’ll love you even more.