We all know it’s really difficult for moms to find precious and much needed “Me Time” for themselves. Is that you? Do you rarely take a few moments from your busy schedule to kick back, put your feet up, and simply exhale to help relieve the stress? Little breaks are probably an afterthought, and understandably so, when carpooling, preparing meals, maintaining a household, nurturing children, working outside the home, and running errands come into play.
Did you know chronic stress can be detrimental to your health, increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Symptoms of stress also include low energy, headaches, upset stomach, aches and pains, sleep problems, frequent illness, and loss of sexual desire.
“Mom = Juggler” is far from an understatement! If a one- hour break isn’t doable, a mini-break cannot only be achievable, but it’s also a necessity to maintain a healthy balance in your life. It’s important to remember that you really do need to come first. Niching out a quarter-half hour for you is far from being selfish. You deserve it when you’re at the helm day after day non-stop.
Here are a few easy ways to relax and how you taking pleasure in a quick break is possible.
1. Can’t get out for an hour facial? Why not take a few minutes and pamper yourself with a mini-facial using any number of scrubs or masks available on the market today?
2. Enjoy a little treat of dark chocolate that will give you an energizing boost.
3. Enjoy some favorite tunes. Turn on the radio, create a break away playlist, or make a CD to escape for a quick ride in the car with the top/windows down and let it blare!
4. Find a quiet, relaxing spot to flip through that magazine you just bought or received in the mail. Maybe even read a few chapters of that novel you’ve been dying to start or can’t get back to.
5. If you’re suffering constant anxiety or any of the symptoms noted above for stress, chronic or otherwise, a preventative and alternative holistic aid like CBD Oil will help promote relief without harmful side effects. Look for a company in good standing that hasn’t been cited by the FDA.
Remember. Stop feeling guilty. Your body needs a break, and so does your mind.